Resume and Interview Links
Marketing yourself for employment
Top 10 resumé mistakes
- Not targeting resumé to the specific position.
- Negative information e.g. reasons for leaving your last job.
- Boring resumé with no spark.
- Using strange formats, and weird paper and inserting pictures.
- Not proofreading again and again and again…
- Inconsistencies between the resumé and cover letter
- Useless information (age, sex, marital status, race, SIN etc.).
- Employment history not in chronological order.
- Thinking that longer is better and adding copies of supporting materials.
- Forgetting to complete package with cover letter and addressed envelope.
Are you ready to answer these commonly asked interview questions?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why did you choose to apply here?
- Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten years?
- What did you least/most enjoy about your last position?
- Have you ever worked under a deadline pressure? Explain.
- How would you handle an upset customer?
- Do you have any hobbies/outside activities?
- What have you learned in these activities that would help you in this position?
- How does your education and work experience relate to this job?
- What special characteristics should I consider about you?
- What strengths do you bring to this position?
Top 10 Interview Mistakes
- Not researching the company.
- Not knowing the basic interview questions.
- Forgetting to bring something to the interview.
- Inappropriate attire.
- Poor grooming.
- Unwanted aromas or scents.
- Talking too much about topics not relevant to the position.
- Not demonstrating how you can meet the company’s needs.
- Lack of enthusiasm and confidence.
- Not following up after the interview.
© 2000 GRPSEO. Questions? Please contact
On-Line |Last Update 3/29/11